Disclaimer: This site contains racial imagery that may be offensive to some. We, the owners of this blog, include it not only for the sake of preserving these artifacts of our history, but to call attention to the brilliant people who contributed to them--including actors, comedians, and musicians of color

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Aaaaaah, Yes! Something New Has Been Added!

Or, more to the point, "Technology Bites, Part 2..."

If you're one of the estimated six people who have seen this blog, you may have noticed that the Home For Orphan Toons got a new coat of paint and a little remodeling.

The old design was cool, but hard to read, at least to my increasingly middle-aged eyes. This redesign should make things a bit more convenient for everyone.

The sharper-eyed among you may have noticed a few minor little geegaws like the addition of a Site Meter "widget" and Technorati tags, which hopefully will make the blog known to those besides me, Kevin, Alicia, and whatever hapless doofus who inadvertently stumbles by. Sadly, it was nowhere near as simple as it should have been.

Instead of doing what I would have liked to be doing--namely, reviewing--I have spent the last week and a half following my writer friend Dorothy Thompson's advice and navigating the unfamiliar, shark-infested waters of HTML and site feeds to bring the crowds to my blog. Since my cleaning woman's 5-year-old granddaughter is more comfortable around a computer than I am, you can imagine how harrowing that was. The instructions for Site Meter referred to configuration settings that didn't exist on my blog: the "Layout" link, the "Add And Arrange Elements" page, and so on.

I looked at what was then referred to as my "Template", and saw nothing but arcane HTML code. Consequently, Site Meter didn't get added, until--

--I happened to run across a little notation in Blogger Help about having to migrate one's template as well as the blog. Seems I--heh, heh--when updating to what was then the "Beta" version, retained the old page layout and didn't know it. And it's been like that for months. Geez, Blogger, you guys could have told me that when I first switched over and saved me a nervous breakdown or two.

But, as you can see, everything's been fixed and I'm a lean, mean blogging machine. That is all. Smoke if ya got 'em.

Tags: , ,

No comments: