Disclaimer: This site contains racial imagery that may be offensive to some. We, the owners of this blog, include it not only for the sake of preserving these artifacts of our history, but to call attention to the brilliant people who contributed to them--including actors, comedians, and musicians of color

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Technical Troubles Continue: Or, Down with "Techno-rotten"

Yes, I said the next part of the review for "The Magic Pencil" would be up today. And since "today" technically still has a few hours left in it, I might still get it posted in time--but I'm not counting on it.

I discovered too late I had a little difficulty getting screen captures from DVDs--using the old "alt-Print Screen" method, all I got was a black square. Don't ask me the technical reasons why--I don't understand them. All I know is that it doesn't work.

Fortunately, I was able to fix that problem by downloading the appropriate software--you might have noticed I added screen caps to yesterday's post to liven up the text a little. At least that's taken care of. However...

...would someone please tell me whose perverted idea Technorati was? I haven't gotten that to work since I started using it--"Techno-rotten" still thinks I haven't updated my blog in eight days. In other words, the date I changed the blog URL. As should be obvious to everyone, I have posted since then. "Technorati Support" is an oxymoron--I've written them twice telling them I can't ping them. All I get are canned responses saying if I don't hear from them in a week, I should get back to them. Well, it's been more than a week, fellas...

What do you want to bet this will be the one post Technorati does find--the one trashing them? Sounds like my kind of luck.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: